News and Events
The Extension Education Units (EEUs) were started during 1970 based on the success of pilot extension project started during 1967. These Units are the nodal agencies for conducting field extension programmes. There are two Extension Education Units working at Bhemarayanagudi (Yadgiri District) and Hadgali (Bellary District). Each Unit has a team of Subject Matter Specialists to coordinate and assist the field functionaries at grassroots level. The EEUs motivate the farmers to adopt newly developed farm technologies in an integrated manner, with an ultimate goal of enhancing the net economic returns from the unit area.
- To evaluate the performance of research findings
- To demonstrate the proven research findings
- To educate extension personnel of the developmental departments, NGOs and input agencies.
- To conduct collaborative programmes with the developmental departments and other agencies.
- Conducting field verification trials
- Conducting, block demonstrations, frontline demonstrations, micro watersheds, integrated farming system demonstrations etc.
- Conducting demonstrations on dairy, poultry, piggery, fisheries and sheep rearing activities.
- Conducting Intensive Agricultural Development Village programme.
- Conducting coordinated programmes like animal health camps and value addition activities with other agencies.
- Conducting seminars, trainings, field days etc.
- Providing farm advisory services.